CREATE A FUNDRAISING PAGE
BECOME A SPONSOR
Changing the Face of Addiction Walk on August 6, 2022
WALK IN-PERSON or VIRTUALLY
People with substance use disorders do recover and our friends and family in Recovery are living proof! When provided with recovery services, many people go on to live addiction-free, happy, and healthy lives. Walk with us to help Change the Face of Addiction in Sussex County on Saturday, August 6th.
WHY SHOULD YOU WALK TO CHANGE THE FACE OF ADDICTION?
Recovery is real for people with substance use disorders and our whole community benefits when we make recovery more accessible and attainable. The Center for Prevention and Counseling uses a whole-community approach to foster addiction-free lives by providing youth prevention programs to prevent early-onset of substance use and addiction; counseling for youth, individuals, and families with substance use disorder, and recovery support services for individuals and families in all phases of recovery. Our sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, cousins, loved ones, neighbors, and friends who thrive in recovery then become the foundation for others to find hope, healing, and a pathway forward. A whole community prospers when we come together to Change the Face of Addiction. www.centerforprevention.org
How To Participate:
REGISTER TO WALK – Click “Register to Walk” at the top of the page.
- Individual $25 – includes one walk event T-shirt while supplies last
- Family $50 (up to 2 adults and 3 youth ages 5-17 years) – includes two walk T-shirts while supplies last
CREATE A PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE - Create your page and tell your personal story about why you’re walking/fundraising for the Changing the Face of Addiction Walk! You can create a page in memory of a loved one, to support someone in recovery, in support of the Center for Prevention & Counseling’s work, or simply because this cause is important to you!
- (Check your email!) You will receive a confirmation email for your personal fundraising page. This email will take you through the next steps to personalize your page and an option to create a walk team.
- (Edit your page) If you want to edit your fundraising page you can access this by going to your confirmation email or clicking the ‘edit my page’ in the bottom right of the walk home page.
- Share your page on social media, by email, and via text.
CREATE A WALK TEAM OR JOIN A TEAM – Teams can be created in memory of a loved one, to share your personal recovery story, or using your business or organization name. Walking together as a team can be a family or work event that makes an impact and brings people closer together!
- Now that you’ve created your personal fundraising page – you have the option to become a Team Captain and create your own team or join an existing team and invite your friends and family to walk with you.
- To create your own team or join an existing team, sign in to your personal fundraising page and click the JOIN OR CREATE A TEAM button and follow the instructions.
Edit your page:
Become A Sponsor:
The Center for Prevention and Counseling promotes health, hope, and recovery to all individuals and families in Sussex County, NJ. Our Prevention, Counseling, and Recovery Support Services rely on the generosity of sponsorship donations.
This Changing the Face of Addiction Walk is The Center’s largest annual charitable event. As a sponsor, your business’s name and logo will be visible throughout the campaign on our promotional materials, social media, subscriber e-news, and web advertising. Your support is as important as ever to help our fellow community members triumph! Download our 2022 Sponsorship Media Kit
GOT QUESTIONS? Our staff is available to help you set up your personal fundraising page and your team. Please reach out to [email protected] or call 973-383-4787 for assistance. We appreciate your support!
Event Details: Changing the Face of Addiction Walk
Join us on Saturday, August 6, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. (Registration starts at 9 a.m.) for our 8th Annual Changing the Face of Addiction Walk. The event will start and end at the Firemen's Memorial Park Pavilion located near the intersection of Parker St and Buckwheat Rd in Franklin, NJ 07416.
If you’re unable to join us in person, please consider becoming a Virtual Walker and walk in your own neighborhood, local park, or anywhere with your friends and family. Create a team, join a team, or walk as an individual.
BECOME A SPONSOR Do good for your business while helping others! Affordable sponsorships are available. Click here to learn more.
If you’re unable to participate in our walk event, please consider donating to an individual or team to help them achieve their fundraising goal!
Share your walk experience and post a photo and tag our page @CFPCNJ hashtag #walktosavelives