Who is U.S. Dream Academy?
The U.S. Dream Academy empowers children most at risk of incarceration to envision and realize their potential. Through one-on-one mentoring with caring adults, innovative curriculum, tech education and beyond, the U.S. Dream Academy fosters strong academic performance, perseverance, skills, and character in eight cities nationwide. Take it from the children participating in the program: 98% of children say it’s important for them to both graduate from high school and attend college, 93% can imagine the person they want to be in the future, and 87% have concrete plans to achieve it.
Learn more about us at https://usdreamacademy.org/.
How it Works
Click “Become a Fundraiser” to create your own designated fundraising page for the U.S. Dream Academy. Then, blast out the link on social media, send emails, make calls — no matter how you do it, invite your family and friends to donate to support your fundraising page. Donations will be accepted until December 31, 2019. Following the end of the campaign, the fundraiser with the highest donation total and the fundraiser with the most contributing donors will each be awarded an experience with their favorite celebrity Dream Ambassador.
Where does your dollar go?
U.S. Dream Academy mentors are committed volunteers who want to see systemic change in their communities. Your dollar goes directly to getting kids resources like field trips, online academic support, STEM activities, and highly qualified and trained full-time staff who change the trajectory of kids' lives.
- $100 pays for one week (15 hours) of after school skill-building, character-building, dream-building, mentoring, tutoring and healthy snacks for one DreamKid at a U.S. Dream Academy location.
- With $20, you've provided one full day at U.S. Dream Academy for one DreamKid!
- For $5,200 you can sponsor a child for one full year of afterschool programming, including daily healthy food options, weekly mentoring and summer activities.
Who are the Celebrity Dream Ambassadors?
Win an experience with one of our Celebrity Dream Ambassadors, many of whom have been enthusiastic proponents of the U.S. Dream Academy’s mission for years:
- Celebrity Lunch with Clifton Davis, Minister, Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Celebrity Lunch with Chris Tucker, Comedian and Actor
- Meet and greet with Anfernee Simons at Portland Trailblazers NBA game of your choice (two tickets lower bowl)
Terms and conditions
U.S. Dream Academy is a 501(c)(3). All donations are tax-deductible.
Click here to view the terms and conditions for the U.S. Dream Academy DreamForward Celebrity Experience contest.