Challenge starts in:
The Delta Chi Educational Foundation has been a proud supporter of the members and programs of The Delta Chi Fraternity since 1954.
The 2020 Founders’ Day of Giving, A Day for Delta Chi: 1,890 Minutes of Giving goal is $130,000. Coincidentally, Delta Chi is celebrating its 130th Anniversary this year too. COVID-19 has made an impact on our annual giving, and as of August 31 we need to raise $130,000 to meet our financial obligations for the year.
More importantly, we need to raise more than $130,000 between now and December 31 to put the DCEF in a strong position to meet the coming financial needs of Delta Chi’s students in 2021. We expect more scholarship needs than ever before, as many of the service industry and non-essential jobs that our students held have dried up due to campus closures and virtual learning environments. YOU can be the difference maker!
Please make Founders’ Day your annual reminder to give and show “your commitment to and involvement with our fraternity throughout your lifetime” as it says in Basic Expectation #10.
In 2019 members donated over $447,000 through the DCEF restricted for chapter purposes and leadership development. This level of tax deductible support would not have been possible if our Foundation did not exist.
A gift to the General Fund makes it possible for The Delta Chi Educational Foundation to operate, and provide financial support to deserving students, as well as supplement the educational portion of Delta Chi Fraternity’s premiere leadership academies.
Some of the business expenses necessary to operate the DCEF, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization include, but are not limited to (2019 figures):
- $78,533 - Professional Services (Accounting Services, Audit/Tax Filing, Legal Fees)
- $50,000 - Programming Support (“A”s’ Academy)
- $14,734 - IT Expenses (donor database, payment processor, etc.)
- $13,100 - DCEF IHQ General Expenses (Rent, postage, office supplies, etc.)
- $22,888 - Fundraising and Travel/ Meeting and Expenses
- $2,500 - Continuing Education Workshops for professional development
Matching gift commitments from:
- David Cloutier, Embry-Riddle ‘92 - $10,000 (New Founder)
- George and Tera Preussel, Huntsville '09 - $5,000 (LEGES Giving Level)
On behalf of Delta Chi members everywhere, thank you for reinvesting in the growth and development of your Fraternity!
In the Bond,
The DCEF Board of Directors & Staff
"All names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All organization names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement."