IF YOU ARE A GYM OWNER OR TEAM ORGANIZER...
USE THE ORGANIZER BUTTON TO CREATE YOUR FUNDRAISER!
Sign up for a Fitness for Heroes Challenge and show your gym's commitment to help combat wounded veteran heal through the fitness and wellness grant provided by the Catch A Lift Fund. Your support today means a healthier tomorrow for America's Heroes.
How do you register your GYM or TEAM for the Fitness for Heroes Challenge:
1. Go to https://app.mobilecause.com/vf/HEROCHALLENGE and click on the ORGANIZER button.
2. Fill in your personal information, gym name, date of the event, etc and click SUBMIT.
3. On the next page, click the JOIN OR CREATE TEAM button. On the following page click CREATE TEAM button.
4. The next page will prompt you to create your fundraising team page. Create a team name, or use the name of your gym. Feel free to upload a team picture or logo.
5. Set your team’s fundraising goal based on the below amounts and what your team hopes to contribute to our veterans!
6. Please add a custom message to your supporters and members letting them know why you are doing the Fitness for Heroes Challenge to support veteran fitness and the Catch A Lift Fund.
7. Click CREATE TEAM button. The next page is your team’s personalized fundraising link.
8. Share your personalized page with your members and have them register using the PARTICIPANT button!
Individual participants: To register for your gym's Fitness for Heroes Challenge, use the PARTICIPANT button above. Only the PARTICIPANT button will register you for this event. Do NOT use the "ORGANIZER" button, as this button will not register you as a participant for the Fitness for Heroes Challenge.
Once registration is complete through the PARTICIPANT button, and you have paid your registration fee, your t-shirt information will be submitted to the Catch A Lift Fund if applicable.
NOTE: Only participants who pay $35 or above for their participation will have a CAL t-shirt included in their registration.
In order to be guaranteed your t-shirt by the date of event, participant must be registered at least 10 days prior to event. Anyone who registers after the 10 day cut off are not guaranteed their t-shirt by event day.
What's in if for your gym?
- Boosted social media posts on CAL's Instagram and facebook for your event
- You become a supporting CAL Gym on our website
- New member opportunities
- Digital Promo Package
- Best time prize package
Fundraising goals for your Gym/Team:
$250 - Provides coaching for specific injuries so veteran athletes can participate in adaptive fitness
$500 - Provides a career education certification in the fitness injury OR Provides a Home Equipment starter package and personalized workout and nutrition programming by CAL coaches
$1,000 - Helps purchase adaptive equipment for a home bound veteran with specific fitness needs.
$1,500 - Provides a full year wellness grant. This includes a gym membership to the veteran's facility of choice or a custom home equipment package, all paired with year-long support.
$3,000 - Provides 2 veterans with a full year wellness grant
What is the Catch A Lift Fund?
Founded in memory of Army Cpl. Chris Coffland following his death in Afghanistan in 2009, the Catch A Lift Fund's mission is simple: provide combat wounded veterans with personalized fitness, nutrition and wellness grants, enabling them to heal through fitness.
Since it's inception in 2010, the Catch A Lift Fund (CAL) has provided over 5,000 fitness grants to wounded veterans across the U.S. Along with gym memberships and in home gym equipment, CAL provides personalized workout plans dependent on the veteran's goals and injuries, peer support networking and Fitness Career Education Courses for veterans who wish to further their fitness commitment and give back to over vets in the program.
To date, veterans in the CAL program have lost weight, dropped medications, increased their overall feelings of wellness, re-established relationships with family and friends, and re-integrated themselves into their communities through fitness.
CAL is changing bodies, healing minds, and saving the lives of America's Heroes… will you take the challenge to help them succeed through fitness?