About Justice Jog
CASA of Los Angeles (CASA/LA) and the Greater Los Angeles Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators (GLA ALA) have enjoyed over 9 years of partnership and raised over $600,000 through the Justice Jog 5K/10K, with hundreds of runners in support of children and families in Los Angeles County’s foster care and juvenile justice systems.
If you would like to join this unique and impactful challenge, please:
- Register to participate here. Your registration includes a bib, t-shirt and finisher medal. In order to receive a runner's kit you must register through this form.
- Create a fundraising page. After registering you will be asked to create a fundraising page to increase your impact for the children we serve.
- Spread the word! Invite your network to support your fitness challenge or join you in participating in this special event.
- Join our Saturday In-person meet-ups.
- September 11
LA State Historic Park - 9 AM
- September 18
Ocean View Park (Santa Monica) - 9 AM
- Join us for a 45-min movement/meditation session to get your body and mind ready for your Justice Jog Challenge. Featuring Mychal Prieto from IDMtv. Make sure to bring your yoga mats! We will be setting up just south of the basketball court. RSVP Here
- September 25
Griffith Park - 10 AM
- Gather: 9:30 AM
- Run start: 10:00 AM
- Location: 5202 Zoo Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027 (Live Steamers Railroad Southbound picnic area)
- Parking: There are two parking lots next to the picnic area and ample parking down Zoo Drive
- Route: The 5K run/walk will be out-and-back down the “Main Trail” along Zoo Drive and Western Heritage Way
Thank You to Our Sponsors
We invite you to be a sponsor of Justice Jog Virtual 5K/10K to raise funds in support of our one-on-one advocacy for the most vulnerable children in our community. Please visit our sponsorship form by clicking the button below for a full listing of benefits.
How it Works
- Run, walk, hike, bike, climb, treadmill (or any exercise you can measure) to support the children and youth in LA County’s foster care system.
- Register by joining an existing team, creating a team of colleagues, friends and/or family or register as an individual.
- Receive a runner's kit in the mail. The kit includes a bib, t-shirt and finisher medal!
- Set your goals: miles completed, best times, endurance.
- Secure pledges from supporters who believe in your ability to complete your goals by becoming a fundraiser.
- Run, walk, hike, bike, climb or treadmill a 5K or 10K between September 1 – September 25, 2021.
- Track of your miles, times or accomplishments and submit your results on our website.
- Compare your final race time to our other runners on our finisher leaderboard.
- Win prizes for the best running time, most money raised, best outfit, most creative challenge, and most unique route!
Leaderboard and Prizes
We are excited to offer a number of exciting prizes to the winners of the following diverse categories. To compete in the Fastest Time category, or to see how you compare to your fellow runners, please submit your final race time below.
The deadline for prize submissions and fundraising numbers is Sunday, September 26th, 2021 at 5:00pm (PST).
In order to qualify to win the fastest time, you must submit your final time through our race results form and upload a screenshot of your run tracked through a GPS running device such as Strava, Fitbit, Apple Watch, Google Fit, etc. We will award a prize to a 5K and 10K runner in each of the following age groups:
- Ages 0-6
- Ages 7-12
- Ages 13-17
- Ages 18-30
- Ages 31-50
- Ages 51-64
- Ages 65+
Most Money Raised
This prize will be awarded to the most successful individual fundraiser and fundraising team. To get started, create a personal or team fundraising page here.
This prize will be awarded to the individual and coordinated team outfit. To submit your look for consideration, take a picture and tag us at our handles below or upload your picture here.
Most Unique or Beautiful Route
To submit your route for consideration, take a picture on your run and tag us at our handles below or upload your picture here.
Most Creative Challenge
To submit what creative activity you used to fulfill your challenge for consideration, take a picture of what you did and tag us at our handles below or upload your picture here.
Facebook & Twitter @CASAofLA | Instagram @CASA.LA
#JusticeJog2021 #CASAofLA #GLAALA
Inspiration & Motivation
We invite you to join our club on the Strava app to meet up with other Justice Jog runners (while staying 6 feet apart) and share your route!
You can also play our official Justice Jog Spotify Playlist to help keep you moving!
Frequently Asked Questions
After registration, what is next?
After registering you will be prompted to create your personal fundraising page and receive a confirmation email for your purchase. Prior to September 1, 2021 you will also receive a reminder with further information regarding our Kickoff Event, fundraising inspiration, and more. If you have not received an email, please contact Kelly Lozo immediately at [email protected].
How to create an individual fundraising page?
After completing the registration form, you will receive a popup asking you to create a fundraising page. Click "Confirm and Sign Me Up!" Follow the prompts to create your fundraising page. If you need assistance with this process please review our Technical Support Guide or contact Kelly Lozo at [email protected].
How do I create a team?
Select the appropriate team type on our registration form. CASA/LA will contact you within 2 business days with a unique prepaid registration code that you can distribute to your team members to deduct the cost of their registration. It is important that each participant completes the registration form so that we can send them their runner's kit. After completing the registration form, you will receive a popup asking you to create a fundraising page. Click "Confirm and Sign Me Up!" Follow the prompts to create or join a team. If you need assistance with this process please review our Technical Support Guide or contact Kelly Lozo at [email protected].
How do I join a prepaid team?
Please use the special prepaid registration code that your team captain has provided you to deduct the cost of one individual registration. After registering, you will receive a popup asking you to create a fundraising page. Click "Confirm and Sign Me Up!" Follow the prompts to join your team. If you need assistance with this process please contact Kelly Lozo at [email protected].
How do I edit my fundraising page?
After creating your fundraising page you should have received an email with the subject "Your Fundraising Page is Ready." Open that email and click "Edit My Page." If you did not receive an email please contact Kelly Lozo at [email protected]. You can also review our Technical Support Guide for more help.
How do I log into my fundraising account?
You can learn how to do so here.
Are these real runs?
Every participant really runs (or exercises) the distance alone, with friends or with a team. Then share your pictures and experiences by using the hastags #JusticeJog2021 #CASAofLA.
Which route do I run?
The route is up to you as long as the 5K or 10K distance is completed.
Can I cancel my registration?
Unfortunately, there are no refunds once you register.
How do I share my time?
Please fill out our race results form here, where you'll be asked to submit your final time and a screenshot of your running app if you wish to compete for the Fastest Time prize.
When will I receive my runner's kit?
You will receive your runner's kit prior to September 1, 2021.
Who can I contact with questions?
Please contact Kelly Lozo at [email protected] or (323) 859-2888 x6321.