Create a Better Tomorrow, Today
We like to think about how lucky we are to live in Naperville. We have many resources that make it wonderful to live here. The Naperville YMCA is one of those resources, bringing people together, strengthening relationships and helping kids and families live a healthier, happier life. But many people in Naperville don’t have such an easy time of it.
- There’s the family who lost a job or a company and are in financial tatters.
- There’s the newly divorced mom going back to work who needs child care but lacks the funds to pay for it.
- There’s the veteran who needs regular exercise but whose benefits don’t cover it.
- There’s the parents of a special needs adult seeking to improve social and motor skills for their child who lacks income.
- There’s the low income mom who is just trying to find a place where her kids are off the street all summer.
- There’s the fixed income senior trying to maintain mobility and stay connected with friends.
These are real people with real needs. They are our neighbors. The Y’s doors are open to all and we do not turn anyone away for their inability to pay. In 2017, the Naperville YMCAs provided nearly $500,000 in financial assistance to Naperville youth and families in need. Without the Y, local families would not have access to affordable child care, summer camp, swim lessons and so much more.