As #GivingTuesday approaches, we are so grateful for all the giving we were able to do in 2020: The 427 scholarships the Foundation awarded; the over 5,300 students who were given help through our programs; and the nearly 2,500 students who were given textbooks from our Lending Library.
But none of our giving could happen without your giving.
It’s your support that keeps the Ventura College Foundation going strong as we support thousands of students through the scholarships and programs we administer.
We need your help more now than ever. With the long closures of the Weekend Marketplace in the spring and into summer, our major source of revenue to pay for the Foundation's operations was greatly reduced. But our students need us and our support, especially now.
Education is the gift that can pull families out of poverty, establish new futures, and launch dreams.
We invite you to be a part of giving this incredible gift.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit auxiliary organization that is financially independent from Ventura College, the Ventura College Foundation is relaunching its "Stronger Foundation, Stronger Future" fundraising campaign and participating in #GivingTuesday 2020 on December 1.
Please help sustain our operations and strengthen our foundation during and after the COVID-19 crisis!
We are committed to fighting for:
- the power of education to give economic resilience to every member of our community
- VC Students and their academic dreams
- a STRONGER FOUNDATION so there is a STRONGER FUTURE for the students who need us
We are doing our part, but we need your help:
- Last spring due to the generosity of donors, alumni, students, faculty & classified staff, and Foundation Board Members & staff, more than $51,000 was raised during our six-week "Stronger Foundation, Stronger Future" campaign.
- We applied for the CARES Act Payroll Protection Plan and received support during the second round of funding.
- The Foundation has reduced our workforce, reduced salaries for all managers and directors, reworked our business model, and cut budgets.
- Last academic year, the Ventura College Foundation awarded 427 scholarships totaling $699,971, the largest annual scholarship distribution in the foundation's history.
Though we have $24 million in assets, most is restricted and cannot be used for operations.
Our commitment to the power of education remains strong, because of the 13,000 students on campus:
- 70% are under the poverty line
- 50% are food insecure
- 40% are first-generation college students
- 18% are housing insecure
And yet, 2,000 will graduate and 1,000 will successfully transfer to 4-year universities this spring! Many Ventura College students rely on the VC Foundation so they can afford to stay in school.
JUST IMAGINE . . .
VC FOUNDATION REMAINS OPEN AND VITAL IN SUPPORT OF OUR STUDENTS’ FUTURES
- Expert staff remains to oversee the $25 million in endowment investments with annual distributions to support students
- Infrastructure stays in place to give 400+ scholarships away and ensure that $650,000 in annual scholarships are awarded annually
- Professional staff continue to enable $40,000+ in giving for textbook lending programs to serve students on our main and east campuses annually
- Vital teamwork with the campus endures to attract thousands of dollars in additional support for critical career education programs including nursing and paramedic training
Please donate today to help the VC Foundation survive this crisis and enable resilient futures for students for generations to come.
With gratitude and wishes for your continued safety,
Anne Paul King, Executive Director
Mailing Address: 4667 Telegraph Road | Ventura, CA 93003
Phone 805-289- 6461 | [email protected]
ABOUT THE VENTURA COLLEGE FOUNDATION
Established in 1983, the Ventura College Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and operates financially independent from Ventura College. It transforms students’ lives through education by providing innovative and vital resources and financial support. The Foundation collaborates with Ventura College to enhance human potential, civic engagement, careers, and academic success of students enabling their effective impact and legacy on the college, local workforce, and our community. The Foundation also hosts the Ventura College Foundation Marketplace; an outdoor shopping experience held every weekend on the Ventura College campus.