URGENT HELP NEEDED
United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region responds to COVID-19 in our community. We are using your donations immediately to provide critical help daily.
Make a donation to our Urgent Need Dutchess Orange Community Strong Fund today to help support families in crisis.
United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region responds to COVID-19 in our community. We are using your donations immediately to provide critical help every day through the crisis and now during the recovery.
Since last week we have:
- Served 250 to-go meals to homeless individuals in the City of Newburgh.
- Provided gift cards to purchase food and essentials for 16 struggling families.
- Distributed 2500 kits to help people safely dispose of medications during this challenging time and protect their loved ones.
- Purchased food, PPE and other items of basic need for 50 survivors of domestic abuse and their families who are restarting their lives during this crisis.
- Said thank you to the City of Middletown, Newburgh and Poughkeepsie Police Departments during National Police Week with dinners for their staff of day and evening shifts.
- United Way’s free confidential 24/7 2-1-1 Helpline has received 10,272 COVID-19 related calls over the past 10 weeks.
- During June, United Way offers virtual and socially distanced volunteer activities for the whole family around our traditional Day of Action: www.uwdor.org/dayofaction2020.
- Nonprofit staff and key volunteers are invited to join United Way for the Virtual Nonprofit Staff Development Training, "Rebuilding for a Stronger Tomorrow," on June 18. Register now: www.uwdor.org/nonprofittraining.
- Let us all come together on June 24 at 6:00pm for the Virtual Celebration of Service Awards as we salute our community during these difficult times. Prizes will be awarded during the celebration! Register now: www.uwdor.org/virtualcelebration2020.
- Thank you for helping us deliver help to almost 50,000 people in Dutchess and Orange counties since March 12th. Together we are #DOCommunityStrong against COVID-19.
and we are continuing to respond to the needs of our community as the situation evolves.
During this time of social distancing YOU can still help your neighbor!
100% of your donation is tax-deductible.
Your donation will remain in our Dutchess and Orange County communities and will provide lifesaving resources to families impacted by COVID-19.
For some of the available resources in our community, go to uwdor.org/covid19-communityresources. If you have or know of a resource to be added, please email [email protected].
You can call United Way’s 2-1-1 confidential free helpline 24/7 with non-emergency questions or concerns about COVID-19.
You can learn more about United Way’s response to COVID-19 by visiting uwdor.org/coronavirus-faqs
Click date below to access previous weekly updates